Here is described how we handle with
your personal information data
at GLOBAL ASSISTANCE a. s.
GLOBAL ASSISTANCE a.s., with the registered office at Dopraváků 749/3, 184 00 Prague 8 – Dolní Chabry, incorporated in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, under File No. B 9573 perceives personal data protection as an integral part of the processing of personal data.
The aim of the information memorandum is a clear, concise and factual statement of what personal data in relation to natural persons we process while providing assistance services.
How we handle data, that is what is the purpose of their processing, legal title, with whom we may share the data and in what manner
(secured communication) and what are the rights to exercise the rights of data subjects.
- Identification details, which means, in particular, name, surname, degree, personal ID number, If any, otherwise the date of birth, location details, insurance contract details (validity, scope, other insured persons), details of the departure and scheduled arrival, and If necessary, then also copies of travel documents,
bank account details, copies of technical certificates.
- Contact details, which means personal information that enables us to contact you, in particular a postal address, telephone number, email address, etc.
- Data for the purposes of assistance services provision, which means, in particular, information about the subject of the insurance, especially the information contained in the big technical certificate, details of the travel insurance – scope, validity, the insured persons, data on household insurance – validity, scope,
the insurer, and data on the use of the services.
- Health information and genetic information, which means the data about your physical health, including data on the provision of health services relevant to your health condition, data that are included in medical reports (laboratory results, anamnesis, diagnosis, aftercare, permanent damage, the course of operations, etc.)
- Data which can be contained in a contract concluded with the travel agency and the rights, obligations or claims arising therefrom.
- Invoicing details
- On the basis of your consent – in the case of the provision of assistance services at your request, or
- Without your consent, based on the performance of the contract, our legitimate interest, due to the performance of a legal obligation, due to the need to specify, exercise or defend legal claims, or due to the need to protect the vital interests of the subjects/other persons (+ the subject is not competent to give consent)
the basis of the contractual relationship with the personal data administrator (the insurance company).
- Assistance services provision
- Repatriation, termination of intervention and subsequent invoicing
- Protection of our legal claims (in other words, in order to be able to defend our legal claims in the judicial, extra-judicial or enforcement procedure),
the rights and obligations arising from the insurance, that is for the period of settlement of an insured event or settlement of possible disputes.
- As part of selection procedure, we process the data provided in CVs or other documents in order to assess the suitability of a candidate for the position being offered.
- If a candidate is successful and enters into employment relationship, their CV (or other documents) shall be filed in their personal folder until the reason of its processing ceases to exist.
- If a candidate is unsuccessful in terms of admission, their CV (or other documents) shall be shredded after the termination of selection procedure and their personal data shall no longer be processed.
the personal data of the following persons:
- Representatives of legal entities, legal representatives and other persons authorised to represent the policy holder or the insured person for the purposes of communication,provision of assistance services, protection of our legal rights, prevention and detection of insurance fraud and other infringements, where our legitimate interest is to ensure the proper running of the assistance services and the prevention of damage on the part of the insurer,
- Doctors and authorised medical services providers who maintain or secure medical documentation of an insured person for the purposes of assistance services provision, where our legitimate interest is to ensure the proper running of the assistance service provision.
If you have not arranged for such assistance services and yet you request that we provide them for you, we, being the assistance company, assume the role of a data administrator. In order to process personal data, we also use the services of other processors who process personal data following our instructions. These are, in particular:
- Domestic towing services
- Foreign contractors
- Contractual health facilities abroad
- Contractual health facilities in the Czech Republic
- External payroll and accounting company in the event of the accounting agenda
- Contractual auditing doctors
- Information systems providers If they administrate internal systems for personal data administration
- Contractors in the Czech Republic
If automobile assistance is being provided, we also transfer your personal information with foreign contractual partners according to the agreed assistance services in countries outside the European Union. This only happens If such transfer is necessary for the provision of assistance services in such countries.
we had with you. In addition, we process the information acquired during the course of the assistance intervention.
- We acquire the information about your health from medical facilities and doctors.
- We also acquire your personal data in a limited extent from the administrator of such data.
- Another source of personal information can be another entity to which you give your consent to the transfer of your personal information.
the processing of your personal data. These rights include:
Right to erasure “Right to be forgotten”
In certain cases, you have the right to erasure of your personal data by us. We shall erase your personal data without undue delay If any of
the following requirements is satisfied:
- We no longer need your personal data for the reasons for which we processed them,
- You revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data, whereby these are such data which necessarily need your consent to be processed and
at the same time we have no other reason to continue to process such data (e.g. for the defence of our legal claims),
- You use your right to raise an objection to the processing (see the below chapter “Right to object to the processing”) in the case of the personal data which
we process on the basis of our legitimate interests, and we find out that we do not have such legitimate interests justifying the processing any more, or
- It is proved that the processing of personal data carried out by us ceased to be in compliance with the Regulation issued by the European Parliament and
of the Council.
- Determination, exercise or defence of our legal claims
Right of access
Simply put, you have the right to know what personal data we process about you, for what purpose, for what period of time, where we acquire your personal data, with whom we share them, who else processes them apart from us and what other rights related to the processing of your personal data you have. You have learnt it all from this Information on the Processing of Personal Data. However, If you are not sure which of your personal data we process, you can request that we confirm whether or not personal data concerning you are/are not being processed by us, and If that is the case, you have the right to obtain the access to this personal information. As part of the right of access you can ask for a copy of the personal data being processed, whereby we will provide you with the first copy free of charge and the following copies for consideration.
Right of rectification
When you find that the personal data that we process about you are inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have them corrected by us without undue delay, or have them completed.
Right to limit the processing
In addition to the right to erasure, you can also, in certain cases, use the right to limit the personal data processing. This right allows you to request, in certain cases, the designation of your personal data and such data shall not be subject to any other processing operations – in such case, however, it does not apply forever (as in the case of the right to erasure), but for a limited period of time. We must limit the processing of personal data when:
- You object to the accuracy of your personal data, in that case until we agree on how the data should be corrected,
- We process your personal data without sufficient legal basis (e.g., beyond the scope of what we must process), but you prefer the processing limitation
to the erasure of such data (for example, If you expect to provide us with such data in the future anyway),
- We no longer need your personal data for the above purposes for the processing but you request it in order to determine, exercise or defend your legal claims, or
- You raise an objection to the processing. The right to object is described in more detail in the below chapter "Right to object to the processing."
While we examine whether your objection is justified, we are obliged to limit the processing of your personal data.
Right of portability
You have the right to obtain from us for all your personal data with which you have provided us and which we process on the basis of your consent and the performance of the contract. We provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. To be able to easily transfer the data at your request, these can only be data which are processed automatically in our electronic databases. Therefore, it is not always possible for us to transfer all the data which you entered in our forms (e.g., your handwritten signature).
Right to object to the processing
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data that occurs on the basis of our legitimate interest. In such cases, personal data shall be erased unless we have serious legitimate reasons to continue such processing.
Right to file a complaint
The exercise of rights as described above shall be without prejudice to your right to file a complaint with the Office for Protection of Personal Data, as set out below in the chapter "How to exercise the individual rights?". This right can be exercised, in particular, If you believe that we process your personal data unlawfully or in breach of generally binding legal regulations.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted in any of the following manners:
In writing at: GLOBAL ASSISTANCE a.s., Data Protection Officer, Dopraváků 749/3, 184 00 - Prague 8
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about how to contact the Officer can also be obtained through the client line at + 420 1220.
We will handle your request without undue delay, however, no later than within one month. In exceptional cases, in particular on the grounds of complexity of your request, we may extend this period by another two months. We will notify you of such possible extension and its reasoning.
Filing a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection
A complaint against our processing of personal data may be filed with the Office for Personal Data Protection, which is located at:
Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7.
Website of the supervisory authority: www.uoou.cz.
Global Assistance a.s. is a member of the international Vienna Insurance Group.The company is incorporated in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court of Prague, Section B, File 9573.
Stock: 100 shares of stock in certificate form in the nominal value of CZK 100,000. Registered capital: CZK 10,000,000, 100 % paid.