PRINCIPLES RELATING TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA WITHIN THE COMPANY GLOBAL ASSISTANCE a.s.
On this page (hereinafter referred to as “Principles Relating to Processing of Personal Data”), you will find information about the principles relating to processing of personal data and of further data processed by the company GLOBAL ASSISTANCE, a.s., IČ (identification number): 27181898, with its seat in Prague 8, at Dopraváků 749/3, ZIP code 184 00, registered in the business register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section B, File 957.
In these Principles Relating to Processing of Personal Data we inform you about the processing of your personal data in the scope established by applicable legal norms, particularly, in the scope foreseen by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC “General Data Protection Regulation” (hereinafter only “GDPR”).
Whilst our company does not process exclusively personal data of natural persons who are our customers, it shall be understood that, unless the nature of the matter implies otherwise, all below specified information applies also to the processing of personal data of other natural persons, our suppliers, our potential customers, i.e. persons, with whom we have not yet established a contractual relation but with whom we are in contact, or our former customers. The below information will be likewise reasonably applied in relation to persons who represent our customers in negotiations with our company (e.g. members of statutory bodies of legal entities, employees of our customers, representatives of our customers, persons related to the provision of our services etc.). Further specified information shall also be reasonably applied in relation to personal data of other persons, in regard to which our company has certain legal obligations (e.g. final owners of legal entities etc.)
When processing personal data of natural persons, we comply particularly with the following principles:
- personal data are always processed for a clear and understandable purpose, by established means, using an established procedure and only for the period during which their processing is necessary;
- personal data are processed and protected in a way which prevents unauthorized or random access to such personal data, to their change, destruction or loss, to unauthorized transmission, or any other unauthorized processing, as well as to any other misuse;
- we provide comprehensible information about processing of personal data and about the rights to correct and complete information, regarding the circumstances of such processing, as well as about further related rights;
- we comply with relevant technical and organizational provisions aimed at securing personal data; all persons, who come into contact with personal data in the context of their processing, are bound by obligations of confidentiality.
Processing of personal data without consentWe are entitled to process your personal data without your consent, especially for the purposes of fulfilling our legal obligations, stemming from relevant legal norms (laws, bills, EU regulations and further applicable legal norms), namely for the following purposes:
- performing obligations resulting from legal norms regulating accounting and taxation;
- performing obligations of registration and reporting towards public authorities;
- performing obligations related to enforcement of decisions and distraints or of insolvency proceedings;
- performing archiving obligations.
We are also authorized to process your personal data without your consent in order to satisfy legitimate interests of our company or of third parties, particularly for the following reasons:
- customer care; those are activities that do not directly constitute contract implementation or another legal framework for the processing of personal data, however, from our point of view, they represent an integral part of honouring our relationship with our customers in such a way that we are able to maintain and further develop said relationship; above mentioned activities include our activity of monitoring cooperation with customers, as well as with potential customers, who demonstrated (directly or indirectly) their interest in cooperating with our company, or the interest in our products and services;
- offering our standard services and products to our customers; i.e. spreading information, offering our company’s products and services, including products and services aimed at individual customers; above mentioned activities include offering our usual products and services to potential customers, who demonstrated (directly or indirectly) their interest in cooperating with our company, or the interest in our products and services;
- improving the quality of our products and services and the development of new ones; those are activities that partially belong to customer care and which have the purpose of ensuring that our products and services respond to current needs of our customers, including monitoring of statistical data; further, those are accompanied by follow-up activities which, in reaction to the needs of our customers, respond with an offer of brand new products and services;
- protecting the property of our company as well as of third parties;
- keeping a database od suppliers, contractual/business partners, and other relevant natural persons;
- exercising our rights and recovering our claims;
- managing an agenda of administrative proceedings and trials.
Processing of personal data with your consentWe process your personal data with your consent in cases when we do not have another above mentioned legal reason to process your personal data and when you voluntarily granted us consent to process the personal data provided by you.
Basic categories of the personal data that is processedOur company processes your personal data in the extent necessary for fulfilling the above-mentioned purposes. In particular, we process identification and contact data, data which is necessary to conclude an agreement, data generated by performing contractual obligations, data obtained in relation to providing our products and services, data generated by our own activity, and within the necessary and authorized extent, as well as similar data about other individuals, whose personal data have meaning to us in context with the contractual (or other legal relationship) relationship between you and our company. In this manner, our company processes particularly the following personal data:
(a) Identification dataIdentification data is data which allows us to identify you, so that we are able to conclude an agreement with you and to provide you our products and services without unreasonable legal and material risks, especially: name, surname, date of birth, personal identification number, permanent address, type, number and validity of an identity document; in the case of a client who is a natural person and an entrepreneur, this will also include their company identification number (IČ) and tax identification number (DIČ). Further possible identification data are, for example: customer number given to you by our company during agreement conclusion, specimen signature or details of the bank account which you use in connection with the transactions carried out by our company, vehicle registration number in relation to using our services. In the context of using our services via digital means of communication or mobile applications, identification data can also include specific authentication data sets, on the use of which we will jointly agree, more concretely, usernames and passwords.
(b) Contact dataContact data is data which allows us to contact you and communicate with you, particularly: contact addresses, phone numbers, e-mails, fax addresses or other similar contact data.
(c) Data necessary for the decision about concluding an agreementThis is data which allows us to perform our contractual obligations, established in the context of concluding this agreement. Depending on the type of the agreement in conclusion, this data includes:
- expertise data – e.g. trade licences, rights to practice, liability insurances,
- data about your property that you wish to use in relation with the agreement concluded with our company – e.g. technical certificates of vehicles.
(d) Data generated by performance of contractsDepending on the character of the product or service that you benefit from on the basis of the concluded agreement, we process data relevant to the given product or service. In this category, the personal data processed is for example data on contract performance.
(e) Data obtained in the context of providing services or products by usIn the context of providing our products and services, we obtain your personal data in the scope of mutual communication and other interaction. In this manner, we mainly obtain:
- identification and contact data;
- data that serves to secure communications, such as specific authentication data sets, on the use of which we will jointly agree, most often login access usernames and passwords or data related to the IP address of the computer or other similar devices which you use for electronic communication with our company;
- records of demonstrated interest in our products or services and/or of your specific requests that you communicate to us;
(f) Data generated by our activityOur company’s activity generates personal data such as customer numbers given by us, contract numbers, assessment of submitted product or service requests or assessments needed for our decision regarding whether we will offer you a requested product or service.
Specific categories of processed personal dataIn regard to personal data which we process, we consider it essential to alert you explicitly to certain categories of personal data and their processing methods.
(a) Personal identification numbersOur company processes customers’ personal identification numbers, among other, in relation to providing them products and services and verifying their right to those. Should your personal identification number be processed for any other purposes, then this will always happen on the basis of your consent.
(b) Proof of identity documents copies (e.g. personal IDs, passports)In order to provide some of our services, our company processes, among other, certain data about customers and their identification documents and for this reason we make copies of such identification documents.
(c) Communication recordsOur company monitors and records communication with customers, as well as with potential customers. In this manner, our company monitors and records said communication via written records from personal negotiations, by conserving electronic communication (e.g. e-mails) and by recording and in cases of telephone correspondence, by conserving records from telephone communication. In addition to these principles, you are also notified about these cases when concluding an agreement with our company. Likewise, you are notified about said recording in relation to relevant phone calls. In all these cases, the content of all communication records shall be confidential, and we use it exclusively for the purpose of performing legal obligations, concluding and performing agreements, and pursuing legitimate interests.
(d) Geolocation data recordsOur company monitors the movement of its contractual partners, as well as the movement of persons of similar standing, in cases where such persons use towing and assistance vehicles in order to provide the services ordered by us. In this case, we always record data regarding the geographic position of the vehicle for the purpose of ordering the vehicle in order to provide assistance services. Said monitoring takes place solely for aforementioned purposes, for the purpose of satisfying legitimate interests of our company, and the records are kept only for the time frame needed to satisfy aforementioned purposes and reasons for processing.
(e) Non-individual video recordings of our customers, our partners and our workersOur company sometimes takes photographs or creates other records from various meetings with customers and partners, for example, from the cultural and social events that it supports. Said events are likewise attended by our company’s employees and persons of similar standing. Our company also sometimes takes photographs of our workers and persons of similar standing, namely for the purpose of marketing and PR of our company. All aforementioned data processing is carried out either for the purpose of recording company events or for the purpose of promoting our company. Data processing for aforementioned purposes is in compliance with the processing of personal data which complies with legal obligations stated by law (e.g. to serve as evidence that a given event has taken place, as well as to prove its extent for tax purposes) and further, for the purpose of serving legitimate interests of our company. Said personal data are processed for the time period during which they can be used for said purposes. The concrete time period of processing said personal data can differ in every case; in the case of our employees and persons of similar standing it can extend beyond the time frame of their employment or their other similar relation to us.
- from the customers themselves (and potential customers and suppliers), namely: either directly, e.g., during a promotional event held by our company, during negotiations leading to concluding an agreement with our company, during the conclusion itself of an agreement with our company, as well as whilst performing the obligations resulting from such an agreement, when contacting our company via the contact form on our website, or indirectly, e.g., through the use of our products and services by our customers or within the frame of publishing information about our products and services, e.g. via our company’s website or else;
- from public resources (public registers, records or lists);
- from third parties entitled to process personal data of our customers (or potential customers) and to transfer them to our company, e.g. from investment agents, with whom our company cooperates;
- from our own activity, namely, from evaluation of other personal data of our customers (or potential customers).
Your personal data are processed especially by our company’s employees (and persons of similar standing). In case of need, if we use third parties to conduct our activities, your personal data may also be processed by third parties. In this context, prior to entrusting your personal data to third parties for processing, we shall always conclude a written agreement with the given third party, which will ensure that your personal data will be protected during such processing.
Our customers’ personal data are then further transferred to third parties who contribute to the processing of our customers’ personal data in cases where our activities are operated by third parties.
Third parties who may have access to your personal data, according to the nature of the product or service which you use or which you have used, are particularly:
- persons whom we, on the basis of a concluded agreement, use to secure our company’s activity, e.g.: tax consultancy providers, payroll agenda services providers, auditors, service providers for whom we make orders on the basis of performing the agreement about assistance services concluded between you and your company;
- persons who enable the technical operation of a certain service or technology providers whom we use for our services;
- persons who deliver your placed orders;
- persons who act to secure and ensure the integrity of our services and of our websites and who regularly verify said security measures;
- business partners and sponsors who contribute to the success of our events, such as conferences, seminars etc;
- persons whom we use to operate remote payment transactions between you and our company;
- persons whom we use to secure our company’s rights and/or protect us from claims of other persons;
- persons whom we use to secure all legal matters in cases when the law so requires or when such an approach is desirable due to legitimate interests of our company, our customers or third parties.
In aforementioned circumstances, it is valid that prior to any transfers of your personal data to third parties for processing, we shall conclude a written agreement with the given person, ensuring the protection of your personal data while thus processed.
Transmitting personal data without your consentIn compliance with legal norms, our company is entitled or required to transmit your personal data without your consent:
- respective public bodies, courts, distrainers, and bodies engaged in criminal proceedings for the purposes of performing their obligations and for the purposes of executing rulings and decisions;
- other persons whom we, on a contractual basis, use to secure the operation of our company in relation to performing the obligations resulting from legal provisions or existing contracts;
Transmitting personal data with your consentOur company currently does not transmit your personal data to other persons in cases when your consent is required to process your personal data.
Transmitting personal data abroadYour personal data is processed on the territory of the Czech Republic. Our company or entities entrusted by us to process our customers’ personal data may transfer our customers’ personal data to countries outside of the European Union only in cases where such transfer is needed for the performance of the contract, i.e., for providing motor assistance services in these countries within the scope of performing the agreement.
- for the reason of performing our obligations, we process them for a period specified by relevant legislation;
- for the reason of performing our obligations, we process them for the duration of our contractual relationship;
- for the reason of pursuing our legitimate interests, we process them for the duration of our company’s or (third) persons’ legitimate interest in processing personal data for a concrete purpose; in case of processing of personal data for the purposes of exercising our rights and recovering our claims and resolving a conflict agenda, the duration may last up to 15 years from the day of the agreement’s termination;
- with your consent, we process personal data for the duration specified in the relevant consent to processing of personal data for given purpose and/or until your consent is revoked.
We further want to explicitly state that any level of our security measures may prove ineffective if you do not approach the safety of your personal data with due care and responsibility. We recommend and ask you to secure your data by storing your unique passwords and other access data to our services in confidentiality and to observe basic principles of data safety. Please always keep in mind that e-mails, instant messages on messenger, blogs and other types of communication with other web users are not encrypted. Hence, we strongly recommend against using these forms of communication to provide private information.
- you do not have the obligation to provide us your personal data;
- you have the right to withdraw your consent regarding the processing of your personal data at any given moment;
- you have the right to access your personal data;
- you have the right to correct or complete your personal data;
- you have the right to request processing restrictions;
- you have the right to raise a claim against processing;
- you have the right to request a data transmission;
- you have the right to be informed about security breaches regarding personal data in certain cases;
- you have the right to erase your personal data (right to be “forgotten”) in certain cases;
- you have the right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data, including the means of execution of your right with regard to the protection of your personal data;
You do not have the obligation to provide us your personal dataIn relation to your rights in regard to data safety protection, we consider it necessary to highlight that you do not have an obligation to provide your personal data to us. If you do personally provide your personal data to us, then that is considered to be a voluntary act. At the same time, your personal data can also be obtained from other sources than from you personally. Further, in certain cases, we do not need your consent in order to process your personal data if we can process them on another legal basis, particularly, for the reason of performing obligations set out by legislation, for the reason of performing an agreement with our company or for the reason of pursuing legitimate interests of our company, our customers or third parties.
In all cases, please consider that if you do not provide your personal data which is necessary for the performance of legal obligations, for concluding and performing agreements with our company or for pursuing legitimate interests of our company, our customers or third parties, we have the right to:
- refuse to provide our products or services to you or
- modify the accessibility, extent or conditions of products or services provided to you, in an appropriate manner.
The right to revoke given consent to processing of personal dataAs stated above, some of your personal data is processed only with your consent. Shall we wish to process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are not required to grant us such consent. In that case, we will not process your personal data which we are not authorized to process. If you grant us your consent to process your personal data, then you may also revoke it. If you revoke your given consent granted to us to process your personal data, then we will terminate the processing of the type of your personal data which we process exclusively on the basis of your consent and which we are not authorized to process by any other legal basis.
In the context of the aforementioned circumstance, we consider it necessary to remind you that some of your personal data is processed on the basis of a legal reason other than your consent. As follows, there can arise a situation when you revoke your consent to our processing of your personal data, which you have previously granted us for specific purposes, but our company will continue to process the same personal data, because we will be authorized or even required to further process the very same personal data for other purposes and on a different legal basis.
The right to access personal dataIf you request information regarding the processing of your personal data, all information regarding if and which your personal data is being processed shall be provided to you without undue delay, and possibly also information regarding for what purposes, to what extent, who can access it, how we obtained it, and for how long we have been processing it. Further, you will be informed about your rights in relation to the protection of personal data and about further circumstances about which we are required to inform you.
The right to correct or complete your personal dataIf you find out or you believe that your personal data which is processed by our company is not correct or complete, you can ask us to correct or complete it. If we deem your request valid, our company and/or the third party participating in the processing of your personal data will conduct the amendment immediately and for free.
The right to place restrictions on the processing of personal dataYou have the right to demand that we limit the processing of your personal data in any of the following cases:
- you believe that your personal data processed by us is not correct, and in that case, for the period necessary for verifying the validity of the given personal data;
- processing your personal data is unlawful, you refuse erasing your personal and request that, instead, restrictions are placed on its processing;
- our company does not need your personal data for the relevant reasons for processing anymore, but you require it for determining, exercising or the defence of legal claims;
- for reasons related to your particular situation, you raise a claim against the processing of your personal data, the processing of which is necessary for the performance of a task which is being performed out of public interest or by a public authority, a task entrusted to our company and/or for the purposes of pursuing legitimate interests of our company or of a third party, excluding cases when your interests or your basic rights and freedoms have a priority as compared to the aforementioned (including profiling for aforementioned purposes), and in that case for a period it can be verified whether the legitimate interests of our company override your legitimate reasons;
If, in any of the aforementioned cases, you exercise your right and request us to place restrictions on the processing of your personal data, then in that case and for the above specified period, or otherwise for the time period necessary to evaluate and solve given controversy, we will limit our processing of your personal data and your personal data will be, with the exception of their storage, processed only with your consent to their processing and/or for the reason of determining, exercising or the defence of legal claims, for the reason of protecting the rights of another natural person or legal entities or for the reason of an important public interest. If the reasons of said restrictions on the processing of your personal data cease to exist, we are authorized to terminate the restrictions on the processing of personal data and we would notify you about it before we so do.
The right to raise an objection against processing of personal dataIf we process your personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest, of performance of public interest or of exercising public authority via our company, you have the right to raise an objection to such processing of your personal data.
Until your objection is evaluated, we will not process your personal data with the exception of cases when the latter is needed for the purposes of determining, exercising or the defence of legal claims. In other cases, your personal data will not be further processed until (and if) we certify that there are serious and legitimate reasons for processing, which will prime over your interests or over your rights and freedoms.
If your personal data is processed for marketing purposes, you have the right to raise an objection to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of such marketing, including profiling, at any point, if it is related to direct marketing. If you do raise such an objection in the aforementioned case, your personal data will not be further processed for these purposes.
The right to request a data transmissionIf your personal data, which you provided to us, is processed in an automated way on the basis of your consent or for the reasons of performing an agreement that you have concluded with us, you have the right to obtain such personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and if it is technically feasible, you have the right to request that this data be transferred to another data controller.
The right to be informed about security breaches regarding personal dataShould there be a security breach regarding your personal data representing a high risk to your rights and freedoms, you have the right to be informed about such a circumstance by us without undue delay.
The right to erase your personal data (right to be “forgotten”)If your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, the processing of your personal data is unlawful, you raise objections to the processing of your personal data and there do not exist any overruling authorized reasons for their further processing or you raise an objection to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing, we are so obliged by law, you revoked your consent, on the basis of which your data was processed and there does not exist another valid legal reason for its processing, then in such a case you have the right that your personal data be erased and our company is obliged to erase your personal data and permanently dispose of them, unless their processing is needed for the execution of the right to freedom of speech and information, for the performance legal obligations that requires the processing of your personal data or the performance of for the performance of a task which is being performed out of public interest or by a public authority which has been entrusted to our company, for public interest reasons in the field of public health, for public interest archiving purposes, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes, if it is likely that your right to your data being erased would disable or severely endanger the goals of said processing or for determining, exercising or the defence of legal claims.
The right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data, including the means of execution of your right with regard to the protection of your personal dataIn case we conclude that your request, by which you exercise your rights, does not meet the requirements that it needs for it to be successful, we will need to reject your request.
In such a case, you have the right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data, including the way your exertion of your right in relation to the protection of your personal data was dealt with.
Your aforementioned complaint can be deposed at the supervisory authority, which is (in light of applicable legal provisions and existing jurisprudence) as of the date of the issue of these Principles regarding the protection of personal data:
Úřad pro ochranu osobních údajů Pplk. Sochora 27 170 00 Praha 7
For further information about the up-to-date process of filing complaints, please see the website of said authority, namely: www.uoou.cz.
You can contact us in the aforementioned manner using the following:
In writing on the address: GLOBAL ASSISTANCE a.s., pověřenec pro ochranu osobních údajů, Dopraváků 749/3, 184 00 - Praha 8
By e-mail on the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone at: + 420 1220, where you will receive information on how to contact the person authorized to deal with personal data protection matters.
In case you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to the protection of your personal data, please fill in the Request of data subject about exercising their rights, which you will find here.
The updated version of these Principles regarding the protection of personal data is available to natural persons whose personal data we process and for whose personal data our company has a legal reason to process, upon request at our company’s seat. Upon request, said natural persons will also be sent the updated version of these Principles regarding the protection of personal data by e-mail or by post.
In regard to exercising your rights related to protection of your personal data we can (particularly for the purposes of protecting your rights) request that you prove to us your identity in an appropriate manner, so that we can verify your identity. This is a security measure which ensures that your rights related to protection of your personal data will be exercised only by a person authorized to it and that we will prohibit unauthorized entities from accessing your personal data.
Said proof of identity can be done by submitting an identity document, by using a duly verified signature, by using a duly verified electronic signature or otherwise, namely, in relation to the way of communicating with us chosen by you. For the purpose of keeping records of our performance of our obligations resulting from legislation, all said communication with you is monitored.
You can also exercise your rights related to protection of your personal data, as mentioned above, by approaching the respective supervisory authority, i.e. (in light of applicable legal provisions and existing jurisprudence) as of the date of the issue of these Principles regarding the protection of personal data the Office for Personal Data Protection.
Client account accessOur company allows you to make use of certain products or services via remote access (on the internet and/or in the mobile app) to your client access, in which you can maximize your use of our services, see the overview of all your recent transactions and access information about our products and services. Through the use of remote access to your personal client account, we obtain certain personal data about you, which shall be processed in compliance with these Principles Relating to Processing of Personal Data.
Cookies are stored directly on individual computers via web browsers. Cookies do not serve to obtain any sort of confidential personal data, however, they are relevant to privacy protection. Cookies are not used for determining website users’ identities, nor for the misuse of login details.
Cookies allow us to e.g. recognize a user as an existing user (e.g. when logging in to their client account). Another group is third party cookies (e.g. Google Analytics for analyses of numbers of visits to a given website or service). These cookies are directed by third parties and we do not have the access to either read or write to this data.
Global Assistance a.s. is a member of the international Vienna Insurance Group.The company is incorporated in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court of Prague, Section B, File 9573.
Stock: 100 shares of stock in certificate form in the nominal value of CZK 100,000. Registered capital: CZK 10,000,000, 100 % paid.